Here’s How It Works
- Canines with Limited Registration status are not eligible to be listed as the sire or dam of a litter or any canine registered with CKC.
- Breeders may determine limited registration status for any puppy they produce if they:
- Are an active member of the Preferred Breeder’s Program, or
- Pay the registration fee and register the puppy to themselves (the breeder) as ‘limited’ before it goes to the new owner. The new owner will then complete a transfer of ownership according to the rules.
- Once a puppy’s registration is limited by the breeder, the limited registration status will be indicated on all official registration documents produced by CKC.
- All other rights and privileges remain the same for canines with limited registration.
- Only the breeder may remove the ‘limited registration’ status on puppies of litters which they registered as ‘limited’ according to CKC’s Policies and Procedures.
(Official CKC Rules: https://ckcusa.com/registration/registration-rules/)
What Should You Do?
To limit the registration of one or more puppies from your litter, complete and submit the Puppy Registration application, listing yourself (the breeder) as owner. The application may be submitted via fax, mail, or email and should be accompanied by a request to limit the registration. If you submit the application online, simply reply to the confirmation email request for limited registration.