EDUCATING THE DOG WORLD
Since our founding in 1991, Continental Kennel Club, Inc. has been committed to empowering both breeders and dog owners with practical canine knowledge and education. Dog enthusiasts come from all walks of life, so CKC recognizes the importance of covering a wide variety of topics. For this reason, CKC accepts web-exclusive guest submissions for our blog.
If you’re as passionate about dogs as we are, we would love to feature your work on our site. Read on to review our guidelines and expectations.
We encourage all writers to explore and become familiar with our blog before submitting any topics or articles.
What We Accept
- We are looking for articles that are researched, well-written, and appeal to CKC’s current and potential audience. Our main audience includes breeders, dog owners, puppy buyers, canine professionals and enthusiasts, affiliate clubs, and dog event participants.
- We like unique topics and perspectives that contribute something new and fresh to our online content. Topics already covered on our blog will not be considered.
- Our blog revolves around these categories:
- Responsible Breeding. This may include topics such as dam, sire, and litter care, sire and dam selection, genetics, breeding best practices and tips, kennel management, updates and information regarding breeder legislation, and puppy buyer relations.
- Training & Development. This may include topics such as training tips and methods, discussions about specific canine behaviors, or how-tos.
- Health & Nutrition. This may include topics such as diagnosis or prevention of canine illnesses and diseases, veterinary care, canine safety, and nutrition and feeding information.
- Grooming & Care. This may include grooming tips, tricks, and methods, flea and tick prevention, and general canine maintenance.
- Lifestyle. This broad category includes any topic that applies to the lifestyle of a dog owner, including travel, events and activities, breed information, DIY projects and recipes, etc.
- Current & Trending. This includes any topic or news stories that are currently trending online or in print publications.
What We Do Not Accept
- Submissions from authors who are not familiar with CKC, our blog, or the needs of our readers.
- Submissions that contain numerous spelling and grammatical errors and/or issues with structure, flow, and readability.
- Submissions that are generic, uninteresting, or otherwise unfit for our readers.
- Submissions that we believe to be plagiarized.
- We also do NOT accept articles or topics related to gambling, casinos, dating, investment-related items, or CBD/vape topics OR links to these same items within the contents of an article.
Continental Kennel Club Guest Writer Agreement
All writers who submit a guest post to Continental Kennel Club (CKC) must agree to the following:
- Any claims made in a submission by a guest writer are solely the responsibility of the guest writer. Any statements that are presented as facts within a submission must be well-researched and accurate.
- When quoting or paraphrasing others, the guest writer must cite the original source of the quote or paraphrased content. Occurrences of plagiarism or copyright infringement within submissions are strictly forbidden.
- CKC retains the right to edit any portion of submitted content in adherence with our own style guide and principles.
- Although CKC will generally attempt to contact a guest writer prior to altering or removing a published article, we reserve the right to alter any guest post on our website at any time or remove any guest post from our website at any time.
- The guest writer will retain the copyright for all his/her own submitted material; however, CKC will retain exclusive rights to any published material for a period of 12 months following the material’s original publication date on a CKC website, after which CKC will retain nonexclusive rights to the published material in perpetuity.
- CKC will not offer any form of monetary compensation to guest writers for submissions prior to, during, or following the guest post submission and publication process. We also do not accept sponsored posts.
- It is free to submit a topic or article to us and for it to be published on our website, but we do have requirements that will be adhered to for submissions.
- The guest writer will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless CKC and its employees from any claim, liability, action, or cost (including attorneys’ fees and expenses) brought by any third party against CKC in connection with content contained within the guest writer’s submission.
Please review these carefully before submitting articles.
- Any submission must contain the author’s name listed beneath the article’s title.
- For those working with a company of multiple writers or for personal reasons who do not wish to be specifically named, we can identify the author simply as “Guest Writer” on the website.
- All submissions should be kept between 500 to 2,000 words in length.
- Word Document Formats: Times New Roman, font size 12, 1-inch margins.
- Please include sources within or at the end of an article. Yes, these will be checked!
- All links included within a submission will be subject to the approval of CKC and must be relevant to the written content. We do allow do-follow links at no charge. There is no limit to the number of links that can be included in an article, but – as stated – we are looking for relevant links and information.
- All guest submissions will be reviewed and approved by CKC prior to publishing. We may request edits be made to the content, but we also reserve the right to accept or reject articles after reviewing them.
We review every article to see if it is a good fit for our audience.
It takes about a week to review new articles since there is more than one person on our team that reads them, and we work with many guest writers at once. Next, we may ask for edits to be made to articles or pass on them and ask for new topics/articles - this part of the process can vary time-wise. If accepted, we schedule articles for publication according to a first-come-first-serve basis. We will provide images for the articles.
We keep in contact throughout the process and will follow up with updates as soon as possible. Patience is appreciated!
Ready to submit a topic or article proposal? Click here to get started, or email us at email@example.com.