EDUCATING THE DOG WORLD
Since our founding in 1991, Continental Kennel Club, Inc. has been committed to empowering both breeders and dog owners with practical canine education. Because dog enthusiasts come from all walks of life, CKC recognizes the importance of expressing diverse opinions and covering a wide variety of topics to meet their needs.
For this reason, CKC welcomes web-exclusive submissions for our blog. If you’re as passionate about dogs as we are, we would love to feature your work on our site.
Please review the following guidelines thoroughly before submitting any work or article proposals.
What we accept:
- Articles that are researched, well-written, and that appeal to CKC’s current and potential audience, which includes breeders, dog owners, canine professionals, puppy buyers, affiliate clubs, and event participants. Opinion pieces are welcome.
- Unique topics and perspectives that contribute something new and fresh to our online content. Topics already covered on our blog will not be considered.
- Topics that apply to at least one of our established blog categories:
- Responsible Breeding. This may include topics such as dam, sire, and litter care, sire and dam selection, genetics, breeding best practices and tips, kennel management, updates and information regarding breeder legislation, and puppy buyer relations.
- Training & Development. This may include topics such as training tips and methods, discussions of specific canine behavior, or how-tos.
- Health & Nutrition. This may include topics such as diagnosis or prevention of canine illnesses and diseases, veterinary care, canine safety, and nutrition and feeding information.
- Current & Trending. This includes any topic or news story that is currently trending online or in print publications. Videos and personal interviews are welcome.
- Grooming & Care. This may include grooming tips, tricks, and methods, flea and tick prevention, and general canine maintenance.
- Lifestyle. This broad category includes any topic that applies to the lifestyle of a dog owner, including travel, events and activities, product announcements and reviews, breed information, DIY projects and recipes, etc.
We encourage all writers to explore and become familiar with our blog before submitting any work or proposals.
What we do not accept:
- Submissions from authors who are not familiar with CKC, our blog, or the needs of our readers.
- Submissions that contain numerous spelling and grammatical errors, and/or issues with structure, flow, and readability.
- Submissions that are generic, uninteresting, or otherwise unfitting to our readers.
- Submissions that we believe to be plagiarized.
Continental Kennel Club Guest Writer Agreement:
All writers who submit a guest post to Continental Kennel Club (CKC) must agree to the following:
- Any submission must contain the author’s name listed beneath the article’s title.
- Excluding submissions that rely heavily on images or other media (such as infographics), all submissions should be kept between 500 to 3,000 words in length.
- Occurrences of plagiarism or copyright infringement within a submission are strictly forbidden.
- When quoting or paraphrasing others, the guest writer must cite the original source of the quote or paraphrased content.
- Any statements that are presented as facts within a submission must be well researched and accurate.
- Any claims made in a submission by a guest writer are solely the responsibility of the guest writer.
- The guest writer will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless CKC and its employees from any claim, liability, action, or cost (including attorneys’ fees and expenses) brought by any third-party against CKC in connection with content contained within the guest writer’s submission.
- All links included within a submission shall be subject to the approval of CKC and must be relevant to the written content.
- All guest submissions must be reviewed and approved by CKC prior to publishing.
- CKC retains the right to edit any portion of submitted content in adherence with CKC’s own style guide and principles.
- The guest writer will retain copyright for all of his/her own submitted material; however, CKC will retain exclusive rights to any published material for a period of 12 months following the material’s original publication date on a CKC website, after which CKC will retain nonexclusive rights to the published material in perpetuity.
- Although CKC will generally attempt to contact a guest writer prior to altering or removing a published article, CKC reserves the right to alter any guest post on its website at any time or remove any guest post from its website at any time.
- CKC will not offer any form of monetary compensation to guest writers for submissions prior to, during, or following the guest post submission and publication process.
Ready to submit your work or article proposal? Click here to get started, or email email@example.com.