A. Registration Applications and Certificates
- Any registration applicant or member applying for registration of any puppy or dog with Continental Kennel Club (CKC), must do so using a current, official CKC registration application.
- Any registration applicant or member applying for registration of any puppy or dog agrees to abide by all current CKC registration rules, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Registration applicants and members acknowledge that CKC Registration applications, forms, and documents are copyrighted to CKC and must be used as intended by CKC registration rules, guidelines, policies, and procedures . As such, applicants' and members' use of CKC applications, forms, and documents may be limited, suspended, or revoked at the discretion of CKC.
- A CKC Certificate of Registration will be issued upon satisfactory completion of all registration requirements for the applicant puppy or dog. All certificates issued by CKC remain the property of CKC and may be limited, suspended or revoked at the discretion of CKC.
- CKC accepts registration applications for processing and issues registration certificates based on the accuracy of the information submitted by the registration applicant(s) and member(s). CKC accepts no liability for any inaccurate, false, or fraudulent information submitted on registration applications, but will correct such information if determined to be in error by CKC.
- CKC reserves the right to revoke, suspend, or limit the registration status of any canine; which, Continental Kennel Club, in its judgement, determines:
- To be NOT ‘of proper breed type’ according to accepted breed standards published by CKC and other recognized breed organizations.
- To have incorrect parents listed on the official CKC Certificate of Registration.
- To have significant genetic health issues as determined by genetic tests, veterinary examinations, canine-specific tests, or other procedures; which, in CKC’s judgement, make it a poor specimen for breeding.
- CKC reserves the right to limit, suspend, or revoke the registration status of any canines whose registered owner is not in compliance with current registration rules, guidelines, policies, and procedures or for which an outstanding complaint remains unresolved.
- Anyone registering a puppy from a CKC litter must do so using the official, signed CKC Puppy Registration Application supplied by the breeder.
- The registrant must fully complete the registration application, sign it, and return it to CKC with the proper fees. Note: it must be signed by the breeder as well.
- The registrant must provide his/her name and a valid, legible physical address for CKC to register the puppy in the new owner’s name and send out the certificate of registration to the registered owner.
- The registration application must be submitted to CKC with the proper fees before a complaint can be filed disputing any of the registration information on the CKC Puppy Registration Application.
- Anyone applying for registration of a dog with CKC whose litter was not registered with Continental Kennel Club must do so using an official Canine Registration Application.
- An owner of a dog which is registered already with a CKC-recognized registry may apply for registration using the Canine Registration Application.
- An owner of a dog whose sire and dam are registered with Continental Kennel Club or a CKC-recognized registry may apply for registration using the Canine Registration Application
- A Canine Registration Application must be accompanied by documented proof of registration with CKC or another CKC-recognized registry. Approved documentation of ownership are:
- a copy of the official registration certificate or equivalent as defined by CKC’s Registration Policies and Procedures
- copies of the sire and dam’s official registration certificate or equivalents as defined by CKC’s Registration Policies and Procedures
- The owner applying for registration must fully complete the Canine Registration Application, including correct parent information, sign it, and return it with the proper fees.
- The owner must provide a name and a valid, legible physical address for CKC to register the dog in the owner’s name and send out the certificate of registration to the registered owner.
PAW Registration Program (Picture and Witness Registration)
- The PAW Registration Program provides an opportunity for purebred dogs of proper breed type with undocumented ancestry to be considered for purebred status through an evaluation process using photos, witnesses, and physical measurements conforming to the official breed standard for the requested breed designation.
- PAW Registration Applications are only available for those breeds approved by CKC which are listed on the official CKC website.
- Application for purebred status requires two witnesses to verify the authenticity of the registration application, attached photos, and measurements of certain physical characteristics of the applicant dog and who can confirm that the dog is of proper breed type based on the standard for the breed listed on the application.
- When any person applies for registration of any canine using the Paw Registration Application, the applicant is purchasing the PAW Evaluation Service for the applicant canine. Performance of the PAW Evaluation Service does not constitute registration!
- PAW registration applications may be rejected outright with no evaluation at CKC’s sole discretion, with or without cause. In these cases no evaluation will be done, and the application, photos, and fees will be returned to the applicant.